Description: A different way to get in your veggies! These are also a great potato substitute. Perfect as a side dish or a snack.
Course: Side Dish
Serving Size: 2-4
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Author: Kirbie’s Cravings
Rank this recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded and lightly patted dry (about 1 1/2 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon dry Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Large Egg
- Shred zucchini and pat dry with paper towels. You want to keep drying the zucchini until the stage where when you pat the shredded zucchini with a paper towel, the towel is moist but no longer soaking with water (about 4 sheets of paper towels).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place zucchini in a large mixing bowl. Add egg, cheese, and breadcrumbs and stir until everything is combined.
- Take 1 tablespoon of zucchini batter and squeeze between the palms of your hand, compressing it and shape until it resembles a cylinder tater tot shape. Place tot onto a lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining zucchini batter
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until bottoms are golden brown. Flip over and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with your dipping sauces of your choice.